What's in a Cucumber? A lot!
Cucumbers naturally stay 20 degrees cooler than their environment (hence the term “cool as a cucumber.”) It helps to draw heat out of the skin and has a calming effect. When blended with mint and aloe, this mask becomes a perfect post-sun treat for any skin condition (especially sensitive.) It’s a cinch to make at home and is gentle enough for “junior” spa-lovers to enjoy as well. We recommend applying this mask all the way down the decollete!
Cucumber Mint Mask
¼ cup cucumber, shredded with skin
¼ cup minced fresh mint leaves
½ cup aloe (the real deal, not the fluorescent green stuff)
4 drops lavender essential oil
3 drops chamomile essential oil
- Place all ingredients into blender or food processor and blend until reaching a smooth consitency.
- Remove cucumber mint puree and place in a small bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Apply mask to clean, damp skin and leave on for at least 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly with cool water and apply serum or moisturizer of choice.
Recipe Source: Bien-etre